Hey y’all! So I am super excited that I was nominated for a Liebster Award! If you don’t know about the award, it’s basically a chance for “new” bloggers to gain a bit of exposure and network with other bloggers. I was nominated by Ashley @ All That Glitters. If you haven’t read her blog then get there now…she is amazing! Anyway I have listed the rules below and nominated 10 of my fellow bloggers. It is supposed to be 11 but it was hard for me to find others with under 200 followers! Some of you ladies are really loved and that is fantastic! If you think of an 11th nominee for me or if you yourself would like my 11th slot…please comment below! Hope everyone is having a great day!
If you are nominated and choose to accept, here are the steps you must follow:
– Tell 11 things about yourself
– Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
– Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you wish to nominate
– Nominate 11 bloggers (Remember: Under 200 followers!)
– Notify them that they have been nominated!
11 Random things about Me:
1. I HATE ketchup! Love tomatoes…despise ketchup.
2. My natural hair color is jet black.
3. My favorite color is pink, but when I was little I used to say it was green because pink “wasn’t cool”.
4. I have always been a girly girl, but I love action movies, suspense thrillers, and super heroes.
5. When I was little I wasn’t allowed to watch the Ninja Turtles.
6. I once through a fit in a department store over patent leather, pink, dress shoes…I was 5.
7. I have no tattoos, and 3 piercings including my ears.
8. I have never broken a bone.
9. I bit my nails all the way up to senior year in high school.
10. I am a Trekkie (cannot stand Star Wars)…Jean Luc Picard = Love
11. I love 80s movies, and I used to have a crush on Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) when I was little.
Ashley’s Questions for Me!:
1. Who do you most admire?
My mother, she is the toughest cookie I know! And my grandma…someone I could only wish to be like.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? Is this still the same?
A teacher, and in a lot of ways yes. I hope that I can still “teach” people something everyday even if I am not in a classroom.
3. What was your motivation to start blogging?
I love writing! I’ve blogged for years but just started to take things to the next level. I feel like I have a message to convey and hope it is getting across on my blog.
4. What is your 2013 New Year’s resolution?
To write a book, and hopefully be published.
5. Flats or heels?
Heels all the way!
6. What is one thing you have to have on you at all times?
My phone…I feel naked without it.
7. By the age of 50, what do you hope to have accomplished?
I hope to have touched the lives of many! (In a good way of course)
8. What is one of your biggest flaws?
I can be negative at times…really working on that.
9. Now what do you like most about yourself?
I am resilient…not much keeps me down long term.
10. Writing or photography?
Writing of course!
11. Whose life would you want to live for a day?
Mariah Carey’s…would love to step into the shoes of a diva for a day!
My 11 Nominees:
1. Gillian @ Glam Up Everyday
2. Michelle @ Beauty Thugs
3. Lauren @ Keys to Anywhere
4. Carie @ Oh Snap It’s Carie
5. Courtney @ Yeah Another Makeup Blog
6. The Pink Mate Project
7. Amber @ Girl With Drive
8. Rosalyn @ My Fancy Pants
9. Casey @ The Heart of Dixon
10. Simmy @ Closet Fix
My questions for my nominees:
1. What was your favorite memory of 2012?
2. What is your guilty pleasure?
3. What is your greatest strength?
4. Do you get along with your mom? If not, why?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
6. Beauty product you can’t live without?
7. What celebrity do wish they would just STOP talking about all the time?
8. Where do you draw inspiration for you blog?
9. What bloggers’ blog do you check everyday no matter what?
10. Favorite YouTuber?
11. Favorite social pastime?